Uneven or Crooked Teeth Symptoms and Causes
Uneven or crooked teeth are most often inherited traits that result in overlapping, twisted or crowded teeth. In some cases, an individual’s mouth is too small for their teeth. Excessive protrusion of the upper or lower jaw can also create misaligned teeth. Many other conditions can also lead to uneven or crooked teeth
Teeth Uneven or Crooked Symptoms:
Symptoms of teeth that are uneven or crooked include an under bite, an overbite, overcrowding of teeth and gaps between the teeth.
Teeth Uneven or Crooked Causes:
While uneven or crooked teeth are most commonly inherited traits, other causes include:
- Early loss of baby or adult teeth
- Improper fit of dental restorations
- Misalignment of the jaw due to facial injury
- Tumors of the mouth or jaw
- Oral health problems of children such as thumb sucking, tongue thrusting and prolonged use of bottles and pacifiers.