- Smokers waste 10% of company time on "smoking rituals" every single day.
- Absenteeism rates for smokers are 50% higher than for nonsmokers.
- Health, life and disability insurance premiums for smokers are more costly.
- The workplace is an ideal environment in which to encourage smokers to quit.
- Seventy percent of all current smokers express a desire to quit. WE can help!
- Maintenance costs are decreased when smoke, matches and butts are eliminated in facilities and company vehicles.
- The risk of fire is lower in smoke-free environments.
What We Can Do For You?
- We can provide Stop Smoking Classes for your employees.
- We have helped thousands of people on Long Island quit smoking. Our success rates are among the highest in the United States.
If you would like an on-site cessation program for your employees, please call the Center for Tobacco Control for information about services and fees (516) 466-1980.