North Shore University Hospital Awards and Accomplishments
North Shore University Hospital is proud to have been awarded several distinctions, including as part of North Shore-LIJ Health System.
- The National Research Corporation awarded North Shore Univeristy Hospital the Consumer’s Choice Award for the last 10 years as the No. 1 most preferred hospital on Quality and Image, most recently for 2011–2012.
- Recipient of New York State Hospital Report Card in 2011 as one of “America’s Safest Hospitals"
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report for 2012–2013 as one of the nation’s top 50 hospitals for both Gastroenterology and Neurology/Neurosurgery, and awarded high-performing designations of national excellence to the hospital in nine specialties:
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery
- Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Certified as a New York State designated regional “Level One” Trauma Center
- Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery
- Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Surgery in Gynecologic Oncology and Gynecology
- Earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for health care quality and safety in hospitals 2011–2012
- Stroke recertification: August 2012
- Palliative care certification: January 2012
- Designation as a New York State Stroke Center
- Recipient of the 2011 Stroke Gold Plus Award from the American Stroke Association
- Recipient of the 2011 Heart Failure Gold Award from the American Heart Association
- Named among America’s 100 Best Hospitals for cardiac care, cardiac surgery, and coronary intervention according to the 2011 HealthGrades report
- Accredited by the Joint Commission for Heart Attack or Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI), Heart Failure Stroke, Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) and Surgical Care Improvement Project (SCIP)
The only FACT-accredited adult stem-cell program in Long Island, Queens and Brooklyn
- Outstanding Achievement Award, Commission on Cancer, 2011