Rehabilitation at Southside Hospital
Southside Hospital’s comprehensive medical rehabilitation programs specialize in helping patients regain a maximum level of mobility and independence following a disabling illness or injury. The goals of rehabilitation are to minimize impairments and complications, reduce limitations in daily activities, decrease barriers in the home and community and prevent recurrent disability.
Our facilities and procedures are state-of-the-art, with a continuum of care that provides rehabilitative interventions, education, promotion of wellness, prevention of disability and community support.
Services We Offer:
- Physical medicine, rehabilitation nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and language pathology, neuropsychology, exercise physiology, recreation therapy and nutritional counseling
- Outpatient orthopaedic manual therapy, multi-service neurorehabilitation, Center for Dizziness and Balance, cardiac rehab and hand therapy
- Inpatient brain injury rehab program
- Inpatient stroke rehab program
- Inpatient rehab for orthopaedics, spinal cord, neurologic and other disabling conditions
- Acute care rehabilitation services
Our Achievements Include:
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)-accredited inpatient rehab, brain injury rehab, stroke rehab and outpatient rehab programs
- U.S. News and World Report rankings for rehabilitation for three consecutive years
- Status as the only New York state-designated hospital-based adult brain injury rehab program on Long Island
- Designation as a research site for a clinical trial in spinal cord injury
For more on Southside Hospital’s rehabilitation services, call (631) 968-3765 (inpatient programs) or (631) 968-3278 (outpatient programs).