All applicants to the NSLIJHS Dietetic Internship must use the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). Please refer to the following link to see a DICAS video which will explain the online application process http://www.eatright.org/CADE/content.aspx?id=186. Additional questions about the DICAS application can be referred to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal Statement: Applicants are required to complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less addressing the following questions:
- Provide examples of leadership, time management, teamwork and customer service orientation that have helped to prepare you for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Please include other information that you feel would assist the committee in making the decision to admit you to the internship program.
- Recommendations: Three recommendations are required. Recommendations will be submitted electronically and applicants must provide the name and email address contact information for each reference. This will trigger an email message requesting completion of a reference form. Two of the recommendations should be from college instructors in the applicant's major field of study. If you have already graduated and are working, the references can be from your employer and or supervisor(s).
- Verification Statement: An official statement for the Completion of the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), or Declaration of Intent to complete academic requirements prior to the initiation of the internship program will be processed by the DPD director after the applicant completes the online DICAS application. A verification statement with the original signature of the Official Didactic Program Director with the date in month, day and year format for both the program completion date and the signature date will be required prior to the initiation of the program.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended: The applicant needs to download a Transcript Request form when completing the online application. This form is then filled out and sent to the Registrar of each institution attended. The Registrar will send the official transcript and transcript request form directly to DICAS.
Applicants must participate in computer matching. They should request this material from any ACEND-accredited/approved didactic program in dietetics program director or from D&D Digital Systems Inc. This request should be made early to allow turnaround time for submitting by the established deadlines for the April computer matches. The code #185 must be listed when selecting the North Shore-LIJ Health System internship. Refer to D & D Digital’s website at https://www.dnddigital.com/ada/index.php for application information and deadline submission.
D&D Digital Systems Inc.
304 Main Street, Suite 301
Ames, IA 50010
Phone: (515) 292-0490
Fax: (515) 663-9427
Back to Top