Computer courses at the Center for Learning & Innovation take place in our hands-on computer lab. Every student will be seated at an individual computer station to learn the programs first-hand. Our levels of computer courses are geared toward all; from those wanting to learn the basics with our “Computer Basics” to those that want to master a program in Excel or PowerPoint.
Employees can now register for
Click the button below to register.
Guests can now register for
Click the button below to register.
For those that want to attend a Level 2 or Level 3 computer course please review the pre-tests listed below. To ensure your Level 2 or 3 registration, please be sure to complete the test fully, subject the e-mail with your full name and the type of test (ex: John Smith’s Excel Level 2 Pre-Test) and e-mail it to CLI@nshs.edu. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us via e-mail: CLI@nshs.edu.
Pre-Test for Microsoft Excel Level 2:
- Format a yellow color-fill (i.e. pattern) to cell A1 and a green color-fill to cell C1
- Auto-fit the following text in cell B1: Entering too much text into one cell can be tricky
- Enter the word “Format" into cell A2 and change the font color to blue, bold and change the font to Times New Roman size 16 (Auto-fit into cell)
- Place the following numbers in C3 through C7: 15 10 5 25 20
- “Copy” and “Paste” the 5 cells (C3 through C7) into cells D3 through D7 then sort in ascending order
- In cell D8, enter a formula that calculates the sum of D3 through D7
- Drag the formula from D8 into cell E8 - using the Auto Fill option (solid black cross)
- In cell D9, compute the average of cells D3 through D7
- Insert a column between current columns A and B and title the first cell of this column "New Column" and auto-fit the text
- Change the page orientation to Landscape
Pre-Test for Microsoft PowerPoint Level 2:
- Please open PowerPoint and name the document with your first and last name only
- Select a slide design and/or background for your presentation
- Create a title slide (using the appropriate slide layout) containing a title for your “biography” and a subtitle that just includes your first and last name
- Insert a second slide into your presentation
- Using Word Art, title this second slide (up at the top of the slide) with the name of the town in which you grew up.
- Create a bulleted list on the second slide to include facts about this town (3-5 bulleted points are sufficient). You can use real or fictitious information!
- Format the bullets on slide two to your own liking (change the bullet type and color), and then change the font for each bullet to bold, red and Arial size 24.
- Insert slide 3 to your presentation. Change the slide layout to a “Blank Slide” layout.
- On slide 3, add one clip art item and one auto shape item to this slide.
- Beside each of the 2 items on slide three, insert a text box to describe the item
- Format each text box with a color fill (any color) and add an outline around both text boxes (any outline color that is different from the color you chose to fill the box with)
Pre-Test for Microsoft PowerPoint Level 3:
- Please open PowerPoint and name the document with your first and last name only.
- Create a Title Slide.
- On the 2nd slide (3-5 bulleted points are sufficient) create a bulleted list entailing what you hope to accomplish in the PowerPoint Level 3 course.
- For each item listed, change the font size, font color and bullet shape/graphic.
- On the 3rd slide add 3 auto shapes.
- Use the Draw functions to align and center this auto shapes across the center of the slide.
- Re-order the slides so that slide with the auto shapes is the second slide.
- On the 4th slide add 2 pieces of clip art.
- On the 5th slide add a hyperlink to your favorite webpage and insert a picture to describe it. (the picture can be clip art or an imported image from the internet)
- Make sure your presentation has a background design or color scheme.