About North Shore-LIJ Health System
The North Shore-LIJ Health System delivers world-class clinical care on a service area of 7 million people in Long Island, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island, pioneers research at The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research and provides a visionary approach to medical education, highlighted by the Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine. North Shore-LIJ cares for people at every stage of life at 17 hospitals, long-term care facilities and almost 400 ambulatory and physician practices throughout the region. The North Shore-LIJ Health System is the nation’s 14th largest healthcare system, based on net patient revenue, and the largest in New York State..
The North Shore-LIJ Health System strives to improve the health of the communities it serves and is committed to providing the highest quality clinical care by educating the current and future generations of health care professionals; searching for new advances in medicine through the conduct of bio-medical research; promoting health education; and caring for the entire community regardless of the ability to pay.
The excellent reputation of the individual facilities and the health system as a whole attract healthcare practitioners and students of the highest caliber.
North Shore-LIJ Health System Dietietic Internship Program
- Based upon program completion data, 90% of enrollees will successfully graduate from the NS-LIJ dietetic internship.
- Based upon data from the most recent one-year period, 90% of graduates will successfully complete the Registration Examination for Dietitians on the first attempt.
- Based on averages from the most recent five-year period, 85% of graduates will pass the Registration Examination for Dietitians the first time.
- Based upon the data obtained from the one-year post graduation survey, at least 80% of graduates who are seeking employment will secure entry-level positions in dietetics within six months of program completion.
- Based upon survey data from employers, 80% of employers will rank graduates as competent entry-level practitioners.
- Based upon averages from the most recent five-year period, 75% of graduates are employed in clinical nutrition settings.
- Based upon the data obtained from the one-year post graduation survey, 75% of graduates indicated that they felt comfortable seeking employment in diverse settings.
- Based upon averages from the most recent five-year period, greater than 50% of graduates intend to enroll or are actively enrolled in graduate programs
- Based upon averages from the most recent five-year period, greater than 40% of graduates will achieve specialty certifications.
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60606-6995
Phone: 1 (800) 877-1600
Back to Top