New York State Mandatory Training Program
INFECTION CONTROL TRAINING COURSE
To view program, scroll down, review text and then click “Enter Here” at the bottom of the page.
PRINCIPAL FACULTY AND PLANNERS
Bruce Farber, MD, FACP (CME Course Director)
Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases
Department of Medicine
North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Manhasset, New York
Associate Professor of Medicine
New York University School of Medicine
New York, New York
Donna Armellino, RN, DNP, CIC
Vice President, Infection Prevention
North Shore – LIJ Health System
Great Neck, New York
Manager, Infection Prevention
Glen Cove Hospital
Glen Cove, New York
PROJECT PLANNER AND COORDINATOR
Mary B. Strong, M.A.
Director, Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Office of Academic Affairs
North Shore - LIJ Health System
Great Neck, New York
PROJECT DEVELOPERS AND MANAGERS
DxR Development Group, Inc.
1840 Innovation Drive, Suite 112
Carbondale, IL 62903
This activity has been developed for physicians, podiatrists, dentists, physician assistants, registered nurses, dental hygienists, licensed practical nurses, special assistants, and optometrists in both clinical and community settings.
This course will provide the information and documentation needed to fulfill licensure requirements as mandated by New York State Departments of Health and Education.
After participating in this activity, participants should be able to:
- Summarize the NYS law that requires training in infection control and define professional misconduct.
- Describe transmission of bloodborne pathogens in the healthcare setting.
- Outline scientifically accepted infection control principles for specific work environments to minimize disease exposure in healthcare workers and patients.
- Recognize and manage suspected events related to biological agents.
- Use resource links for infection control information including practices for special settings.
North Shore-LIJ Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The North Shore – LIJ Health System designates this internet enduring material activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category I creditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
North Shore-LIJ Health System adheres to the ACCME’s New Standards for Commercial Support. Any individuals in a position to control the content of a CME activity, including faculty, planners and managers, are required to disclose all financial relationships with commercial interests. All identified potential conflicts of interest are thoroughly vetted by North Shore-LIJ for fair balance and scientific objectivity and to ensure appropriateness of patient care recommendations.
The following is a summary of disclosures pertaining to this activity:
- Bruce Farber, MD has nothing to disclose.
- Donna Armellino RN, BS, MPA, CIC, has nothing to disclose.
- Jeanine Woltmann, RN, BS, CIC, has nothing to disclose
Planner and Manager
- Mary B. Strong, MA has nothing to disclose
METHOD OF PHYSICIAN PARTICIPATION
To receive credit, the participant must:
- Review the entire educational activity
- Answer at least 80% of the posttest questions correctly
- Complete a program evaluation
- Download, print and save certificate of completion
ESTIMATED TIME TO COMPLETE ACTIVITY: 3 hours
- Flash 8.0.0 or higher must be installed.
- Any stable* version of the following:
Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, or 11
Safari 5.1, 6, or 7
Safari for iOS 6 or iOS 7
*Only stable versions of these browsers are supported. Release candidates (RC), beta, and alpha versions are not supported
** Later stable versions of these browsers may work but were not available for testing at product release.
Provider Contact Information:
DxR Development Group, Inc.
between 9 am and 5 pm Central Time at
(800) 453-8040 or (618) 453-1140
fax: (618) 453-5309
Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality
- General Information Collection
The only personal information we collect through the web site is the information you voluntarily provide. The only other type of information we collect is your current IP address. This IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you access the Internet. It is necessary to allow communication between the different computers, which comprise the Internet. This information is entered, in aggregate, into a log, which helps us track usage on our Web Site.
- Limitations on Disclosures
Copyright: 1998, 2002, 2005, 2009, 2013 North Shore-LIJ Health System for content. 1998, 2002, 2005, 2009, 2013, 2014 DxR Development Group, Inc. for software template and icons.
RELEASED: March 6, 2013
REVIEWED: March 31, 2014
PROGRAM EXPIRATION: March 31, 2016
To begin ICT course ► ENTER HEREBack to Top