Welcome to the Division of Hepatology/Center for Liver Disease of the North Shore LIJ Health System.
It is the mission of the Division of Hepatology/Center for Liver Disease to provide world-class patient care and research to Long Island and New York. The Center combines the best clinical, research and administrative practices to achieve recognition as a premier center of excellence. Our physicians integrate their diagnostic skills with the latest medical technologies in order to develop and provide specific therapies tailored to the needs of our individual patients.
The Center for Liver Disease, which includes a clinical practice and a research program, is fully committed to patient care, teaching and research.
In concert with the institutions under its umbrella, the Center for Liver Disease is committed to:
- Delivering high-quality medical care while treating patients, family members and each other with respect
- The teaching of "best clinical practice" to physicians
- Extending care to family members who may be at risk for disorders of the liver
- Career advancement for its staff
- Quality measurements to achieve higher standards of care
David E. Bernstein, MD
Back to Top