North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network provides professional home infusion therapy services for patients at home. Infusion therapy — the delivery of intravenous fluids and medications — can safely be done at home by our registered nurses. Fluids, nutrients and medications can all be delivered intravenously for pain management, treatment of infections, chemotherapy and the treatment and management of a variety of other diseases and conditions.
Depending on your condition and needs, you may also receive care and support from one or more of the following professionals in addition to your nurse:
- A registered nursewill perform an initial evaluation and work with your doctor to coordinate the care and services you need; help you manage your condition and monitor your vital signs; and teach you the skills you need to take your medications appropriately, care for wounds and give injections.
- A physical therapistcan help improve your strength, flexibility, balance and coordination.
- An occupational therapistcan help you improve personal care skills such as dressing, bathing, grooming and eating.
- A speech-language therapistcan help improve your communication skills.
- A social workerwill assess your emotional, environmental and social needs and may help with long-term planning, suggest strategies to help you through this difficult time and make referrals to community resources.
- A home health aide or personal care aidecan provide assistance with bathing, dressing, laundry, light housekeeping and preparing healthy meals.
This care will be coordinated by your registered nurse.
|Services Provided by:||North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network agencies, including RegionCare Infusion|
|Insurance/Payment:||Home infusion therapy services may be covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance plans if your physician deems them medically necessary.|
|Service Area:||Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island,
Nassau and Suffolk
Back to Top