Home health aides and personal care aides from North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network provide the care, support and services you need to help maintain independence and offer relief to caregivers. A registered nurse will meet with you first and consult with your doctor to determine the appropriate level of care. The nurse will then plan a schedule for your home health aide or personal care aide to meet your needs — from a few hours a day to round-the-clock care.
Depending on your unique situation and needs, your home health aide or personal care aide can provide assistance with:
- Personal care
- Medication reminders
- Light housekeeping
- Preparing healthy meals
- Hobbies and activities
Depending on your condition and needs, you may receive care and support from one or more of the following professionals in addition to your home health aide or personal care aide — all coordinated by your registered nurse:
- A registered nursewill perform an initial evaluation and work with your doctor to coordinate the care and services you need; help you manage your condition and monitor your vital signs; and teach you the skills you need to take your medications appropriately, care for wounds and give injections.
- A physical therapistcan help improve your strength, flexibility, balance and coordination.
- An occupational therapistcan help you improve personal care skills such as dressing, bathing, grooming and eating.
- A speech-language therapistcan help improve your communication skills.
- A social workerwill assess your environmental and social needs and may help with long-term planning, suggest strategies to help you through this difficult time and make referrals to community resources.
|Services Provided by:||North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network agencies,
including RegionCare Nursing
|Phone:||(718) 776-9870 — Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island
(516) 505-4300 — Nassau, Suffolk
|Insurance/Payment:||Services may be covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance plans if your physician deems them medically necessary. Affordable self-pay rates are also available.|
|Service Area:||Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Nassau and Suffolk|