North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network provides comprehensive in-home social work services for homebound patients. Our professional social workers will assess your emotional, environmental and social needs in the comfort and privacy of your own home. They may help with long-term planning, suggest strategies to help you through a difficult time and make referrals to appropriate community resources.
- A registered nurse will perform an initial evaluation and work with your doctor to coordinate the care and services you need; help you manage your condition and monitor your vital signs; and teach you the skills you need to take your medications appropriately, care for wounds and give injections.
- A physical therapist can help improve your strength, flexibility, balance and coordination.
- An occupational therapist can help you improve personal care skills such as dressing, bathing, grooming and eating.
- A speech-language therapist can help improve your communication skills.
- A home health aide or personal care aide can provide assistance with bathing, dressing, laundry, light housekeeping and preparing healthy meals.
|Services Provided by:||North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network agencies|
|Insurance/Payment:||In-home social work services may be covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance plans if
your physician deems them medically necessary.
|Service Area:||Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island,
Nassau and Suffolk