North Shore-LIJ Laboratories
As part of the largest health system in the region, North Shore-LIJ Laboratories is a state of the art laboratory offering comprehensive laboratory services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
North Shore-LIJ Laboratories is a fully automated, 60,000 square foot facility that offers both routine and esoteric testing services. There is also an additional 40,000 square feet dedicated to Anatomic Pathology Services, Information Technology (IT), and other support services. Our customers include: physician practices, network and non-network hospitals, nursing homes, and clinical industries.
Full Range of Testing
We offer both routine and comprehensive esoteric testing, including:
- Flow Cytometry
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Special Coagulation
Biopsy and Cytopathology specimens are prepared and assessed by our 50 highly qualified Anatomic Pathologists who offer a wide range of sub-specialties for clinical assessment.
We offer a Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) Clinic where our own staff Pathologists perform the aspiration and personally examine the slides to determine the origin of the lesion.
- Client Services department and Marketing Staff are committed to excellence to meet your needs as liaisons to the laboratory
- Logistics Team ensures accuracy and takes responsibility for the tracking and transporting of specimens to the laboratory from all of our clients
- On site experienced Medical Billing team is available to assist with any of your billing concerns
- Highly trained Quality Management team assures that our laboratories operate to the highest quality standards
- We are accredited by: CAP, CLIA, NYSDOH, NCCLS and NGSP
- North Shore-LIJ Laboratories serves as clinical campus for the Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine
Atlas is the leading provider of secure physician lab order entry and results reporting system serving tens of thousands of physician’s offices nationwide. Atlas connects North Shore-LIJ Laboratories’ patient database to you through the Internet. The ease of this web-based application can be personalized to your physician practice with report customization. Simple to install and customer-friendly, this product helps to enhance physician office operation.
Patient Service Centers
- Conveniently located throughout the region.
- Flexible hours are available including early morning and late nights
- No appointments are necessary
- All major insurances accepted including: Aetna, Emblem, Empire and United Healthcare
For further information please call our Client Service Department at 516-719-1100 or 1(800)472-5757. You can also email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.