Proper wound care treatment at home can prevent infection and complications that may arise after surgery or as a result of diabetes and other chronic conditions. The North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network provides complete wound care nursing services in the comfort of your home. Your registered nurse will monitor your progress and assist you with:
- Wound Care Treatment: Cleaning wounds, changing dressings and antibiotic therapy
- Education: Educating patients and caregivers in changing wound dressings, monitoring healing, managing pain and being alert for complications
- A registered nurse will perform an initial evaluation and work with your doctor to coordinate the care and services you need; help you manage your condition and monitor your vital signs; and teach you the skills you need to take your medications appropriately, care for wounds and give injections.
- A physical therapist can help improve your strength, flexibility, balance and coordination.
- A speech-language therapist can help improve your communication skills.
- An occupational therapist can help you improve personal care skills such as dressing, bathing, grooming and eating.
- A social worker will assess your emotional, environmental and social needs and may help with long-term planning, suggest strategies to help you through this difficult time and make referrals to community resources.
- A home health aide or personal care aide can provide assistance with bathing, dressing, laundry, light housekeeping and preparing healthy meals.
A certified wound care nurse is available for consultation in the home.
|Services Provided by:||North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network agencies|
|Insurance/Payment:||Wound care nursing and treatment may be covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance plans if your physician deems them medically necessary.|
|Service Area:||Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Nassau and Suffolk|
Back to Top