Why Patients Choose North Shore-LIJ
for Wound Care
Wound care services at our hospitals provide highly specialized care for hard-to-heal wounds resulting from Diabetes, Vascular Disease, injury, illness and surgery. Our goals are to heal wounds, preserve limbs and prevent wound recurrence.
Patients choose North Shore-LIJ’s wound care services for:
- The Region's Wound Care Experts
Our experienced staff has advanced, continuous training in the latest, most effective wound care technologies and medications.
- Multidisciplinary Wound Healing Team
We draw on the expertise of specialists from 15 areas of healthcare including:
- Surgeons – Specialists in Vascular Surgery , Plastic Surgery for Wounds , podiatric and general surgery
- Nurses – Wound care-certified nurses and nurse practitioners
- Nutritionists and weight management consultants
- Orthotists and physical therapists
- Certified diabetes educators
- Infectious disease specialists
- Home care specialists
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Certified hyperbaric medicine physicians use full-body hyperbaric chambers to enhance wound healing for diabetic/neuropathic foot ulcers and many other hard-to-heal wounds.